Volunteer Firefighter Recruitment
CITY OF VASSAR FIRE DEPARTMENT
RECRUITING FOR VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTERS
The Vassar Fire Department is committed to protecting the lives and property of our citizens and visitors by providing prompt and professional services in the event of fire, accident, medical emergency, disaster or any other event which may threaten the public welfare. If you enjoy serving the public, and are willing to dedicate the time required to successfully complete a training program, attend regular monthly training sessions and respond to emergencies, this could be your opportunity to make a difference in your community.
The Vassar Fire Department operates out of the City of Vassar while providing fire services to the surrounding townships. As a member of this dedicated team, you will respond to firefighting and rescue operations, operate and maintain fire apparatus and equipment, and participate in fire prevention and public education activities. Volunteer Firefighters earn $12/hr per run.
Information sessions will be held for interested parties and their families on the following dates:
- March 1st at 6:30 PM at the Vassar Fire Hall (131 S. Sheridan St., Vassar)
- March 10th from 10 AM to 4 PM at the Vassar Chamber Expo (Gymnasium at Vassar High School)
- April 4th at 6:30 PM at the Vassar Fire Hall (131 S. Sheridan St., Vassar)
- May 3rd at 6:30 PM at the Vassar Fire Hall (131 S. Sheridan St., Vassar)
Please submit no later than May 5th, 2018
Call City Hall for information at 823-8517
- Must live within the City limits or within 3 miles of a City of Vassar border.
- Must be at least 18 years old or older at the time of employment and have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must possess, a valid unrestricted State of Michigan Driver's License
- No felony or disqualifying criminal convictions.
- Ability to meet departmental physical standards.